Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another cute bag for another yummy treat

 I love bags...and boxes....and little buckets....and anything that can hold something. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite part of making a favor. However, I realize that not all favors require a bag, or box, or bucket. Sometimes the favor itself stands alone and makes a statement. That's pretty cool too.

But back to my obsession with bags...:)  I love paper ones with handles. All I see is a blank canvas. They are screaming to be dressed up and made pretty. Endless possibilities. And the good thing, it doesn't take much to make it your own. Plus, the handles are nice and sturdy. Perfect.

So due to my little paper bag with nice handles obsession, I was forced to make these...

way easy!




I used tulle circles that I had on hand to tie on to the handles. Reminds me of a spider web!


My vision here...Halloween party favor (obviously)

Big bag for children, perhaps 4 years and up, and the smaller bag for toddlers, say 18 months to 3. 

And because I am a HUGE fan of edible favors, I decided a smart choice to fill these bags was a snack mix!
What kid doesn't like that??

Halloween snack mix recipes are all over the internet, with cute names and pretty, festive colors, but instead of picking a specific one and posting a link, I decided I would list a few yummy possibilites, and you can create your own
BOO-tiful, tasty treat mix!

For older kids:
Popcorn (plain, cheese or caramel)
peanuts
raisins (yogurt or chocolate covered)
reese's pieces
candy corn
mini pretzels
chocolate chips
almonds
chow mein noodles
chex cereal
cashews

For toddlers:
cheerios
gerber puffs
mini marshmellows
baby goldfish
raisins

I would fill up either a small celephane bag (tie with matching ribbon) or those generic ziploc baggies you see this time of year in places like Micheals with Halloween images....and plop in the bag! 
Make sure it is sealed tightly to stay fresh!
You can also attach a cute thank you tag or sticker.

Items Needed to create the bags (All from Micheals):

"small" paper bag(s) - $.59
"mircro" bag(s) - $.29
3-D wooden pieces of your choice - $.29
any adhesive you have on hand
stick-on rhinestines of your choice - $1.00/sheet
tulle ( I had some at home)

HAPPY MIXING!

2 comments: