a stop for party favor ideas, party spotlights and anything else thoughtful and creative!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Two Martha Stewart Favors
I had to share these 2 homemade favor bags from Martha Stewart online!
Flyaway Favor Bags
Tools and MaterialsTwo 4 1/4-by-8-inch brown paper bags Craft knife or scissors Small branch Candy
1. Unfold one brown bag and push out base; fold in the left and right sides.
2. Use a craft knife or scissors and cut the bag into thin strips about 1/4 inch wide. Make sure you stop short of the base.
3. Cut thin strips into the top, 1 1/2 inches of second brown bag. Fill the bag with candy
4. Open the shredded bag fully, laying it flat; place the filled candy bag inside the shredded bag.
5. Bring shredded bag up; cinch top of bags together. Wrap with black wax twine until bags are secure.
You need two lunch-size paper bags for each broomstick. Unfold one bag, and push out its base while folding in the left and right sides. Using scissors, cut the bag into thin strips, stopping short of the base. Cut thin strips into the top inch of the second bag. Open both bags, and place the second bag inside the shredded one; fill with candy. Insert a small branch 1 inch into the bag; cinch the tops of both bags, and secure with black twine.