Sunday, January 9, 2011

(Party Spotlight) - STAR WARS

As I mentioned in my last post, my two boys and I attended a friend's Star Wars birthday party yesterday, for her son who turned 6!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Here are MOST of the details at a glance...


The invitation ordered off Ebay and printed at home.


The R2D2 cake from Cupcake Crazy
(this far out cake was a surprise to the birthday boy!)









The stars were actually container tops from Joanne's, spray painted blue and then glittered.

My friend made the labels attached to the stars.

The water bottle labels were ordered off Etsy. By the way, Etsy rocks my world!







Of course the snacks coordinated with the theme! I love that! I especially like the pretzel lightsabers!


Storm Trooper plates





LOVE the utensil wraps!

Napkin rings ordered off Etsy.

My friend  made the lightsaber knife wrap. Too stinkin cute!




Take home favor bags included a Star Wars coloring book, pencil, eraser, pretzel MnM's(which I am hoping to steal), a Star Wars cup and my favorite...

 glow-in-the-dark stars!




Love the tag!



Also included in the favor bag was a Jedi Training Academy completion certificate.

The kids worked hard for these...here's a peek,



Robes were simply dyed t-shirts, with a rope tie and these handmade Jedi training nametags



Little added touches are the best!

The lightsabers were created using empty gift wrap tubes and silver duct tape.
How easy and awesome is that??

Another surprise for the birthday boy was a visit from Darth Vader!


The kids were starstruck when they saw him!

A few other activites not pictured were...

Xwing Flying
hula hoops hung and tied between two trees,
 the guests had to throw discs through the hoop, and..

a Death Star pinata full of candy and asteroids(bubble gum wrapped in foil)!

All in all it was a great party!
The kids had a blast and the weather was beautiful!

Leave a comment and let me know what detail was your fav!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU....

Christy


No comments:

Post a Comment